September 27, 2021
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
We’ve Been Gone For A While, But… A Mixed Bag Of Topics Casting Call Grand Solar Minimum Busted! It’s Emergency Preparedness Week! Ham Radio Comms Plan For SHTF – Part III Ham Radio Comms Plan For SHTF – Part II Ham Radio Comms Plan For SHTF – Part I Tornado Season Is Upon Us One Year In

FORUM

Growing Beard &...

Notifications
Clear all

Growing Beard & Stache

JackDee
(@jackdee)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'm preparing for some long walk next year, so to look more manly I decide to grow beard & stache πŸ˜€

Any of you beard & stache guy? Tips?

Any pros n cons?
+ Some guys says it will attract goats (Some farm got some goats on edge of town)
+ Some says beards are flammable πŸ™„

So far I heard only jokes from people that knows me, but the neighborhood youngster lately called me "sir". Usually they're just kinda "whats up man"

Regret comes last, if it comes early its called registration!

In the end, only fellow preppers truly respects other preppers.
When nothing happens, the world will laugh at you.
When SHTF, what will happen when they found out you got supplies?

Denob
(@denob_1630950336)
Member Admin

I'm preparing for some long walk next year, so to look more manly I decide to grow beard & stache πŸ˜€

Any of you beard & stache guy? Tips?

Any pros n cons?
+ Some guys says it will attract goats (Some farm got some goats on edge of town)
+ Some says beards are flammable πŸ™„

So far I heard only jokes from people that knows me, but the neighborhood youngster lately called me "sir". Usually they're just kinda "whats up man"

well, I'm not sure about the goats, but yes, they are flammable!!!
I keep a stache and goatee in summer and let the beard grow out for winter...it really does help keep the face warmer.
In winter, you will get frost buildup when outdoors...the more physically active you are and harder you breathe, the more frost will build up.
Keep in mind that if you have a cold, snot freezes too, so don't rely on that frost as a water source!
Get yourself a battery operated trimmer...you don't need anything expensive, but facial hair can grow somewhat irregularly, so you will want to keep it evened out and also trim the stache just above the lip line...if not, you'll be picking hair out of your mouth when you eat.
Remember to wash it after meals...saving stuck bits for a later snack is NOT recommended!
Comb it out regularly (at least daily) to keep it from getting tangled and matted.
Some people use conditioners (I don't) and say that it keeps the beard soft and nice smelling. I find that good washing practices does that just fine.
Welcome to the fuzzy face club...fear the beard!

ReplyQuote
JackDee
(@jackdee)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thx for the tips Denob, wash it after meals indeed...
So I'll try your style. It's like D'artagnan style in summer and Santa style in winter for practical purpose.

Regret comes last, if it comes early its called registration!

In the end, only fellow preppers truly respects other preppers.
When nothing happens, the world will laugh at you.
When SHTF, what will happen when they found out you got supplies?

ReplyQuote
Share: